So I had someone send an email regarding logging. So I’ll outline my complete steps.
- QSOs are entered into N1MM+ logger as they are made. I do not keep paper logs.
- As the QSOs are entered, they get automatically uploaded to Clublog. You can see the log in real time. (Unless I forget to start up the program that transfers directly, which sometimes happens)
- At the end of the night, or sometimes if I take a break, I export to an ADIF file.
- I use TQSL to upload the ADIF to LoTW.
- After giving LoTW a few minutes to process the file, I use QRZ.com to download directly from LoTW and update my logbook there.
I do not upload to EQSL.cc or any other site. I have found that their interface is just too clunky and time consuming, whereas LoTW and QRZ are relatively easy.
I do like physical cards from everyone, but of course I also appreciate having the logs electronically verified. The instant satisfaction of seeing a rare or new DX country or state marked as verified is nice. For everyone who has done so, I appreciate it.
Alan 9X0TA / KE4TA
Thanks to everyone on 15m tonight. I sincerely appreciate everyone getting quiet to let me work a few difficult stations out there. I’m sure they appreciate it as well.
15m seems to be a great band for the time being, lots of room for everyone to spread out, so I can hear individual stations. Helps keep ‘the wall’ from forming.
I did see a few dupes in the log. Please if I’ve worked you, let me get to other stations. If you’re worried that you might not be in the log, I upload to club log the instant the QSO is over, so you can always check to make sure you’re properly logged. If there’s an issue with time or freq, please send me an email and we’ll work out corrections.
Alan 9X0TA / KE4TA
So, if I can’t complete the QSO because people are being rude, and jumping over the next guy, I can’t complete the next QSO, or the next, or the next. It frustrates you, it frustrates me. Fortunately for me, I have a motorcycle, a bicycle, running shoes, language lessons, and a million other things I could be doing with my time, including sleeping as of right now. So be nice, let the other station finish a QSO before screaming your callsign at the top of your lungs. If its not fun for me, I’ll spend my evenings with another one of my hobbies.