As it stands right now, my amateur radio related gear is as follows.
- Rig: Yaesu FT-991, max power 100W
- Astron 20A power supply, which I hope to upgrade soon (suggestions are welcome)
- MFJ-998 Antenna Tuner (amazing piece of gear)
- Heil headset with footswitch
- William Nye straight key
- Vibroplex Code Warrior Jr iambic key
- Lots of LMR-400 bury flex coaxial cable
- 2 x MFJ 1:1 baluns
- 1 x Unadilla 4:1 balun
- Current antennas are a 40m/15m dipole, which is also resonant on 6m with the internal tuner. All bands but 10m are workable using the external tuner.
- working on a fan dipole for 20m/17m at present, I’ll let everyone know how that turns out.
- Working on an OCF/Windom dipole for 80/40/20/15/10. Routing the lines at my current QTH is difficult.
- I will have an amplifier courtesy of the QRO club before I leave, they’re loaning it to me, for TWO YEARS, FOR FREE!!! (UPDATE: Nope, looks like I’m running 100W the whole time since W1YW can’t return an email)
- Software will be Ham Radio Deluxe, N1MM logger, FLDigi, and WSJT-X.
- The official record for QSLs will be whatever I import into Ham Radio Deluxe. I will upload to QRZ, eQSL.cc, and LoTW. I would appreciate it if you would upload your contacts to LoTW.
- My QSL manager will be announced in a separate post.
Alan, KE4TA aka 9Xsomethingsomething